Frequently Asked Questions
You are entitled to a 100% refund on all monthly payments if:
- No negative items have been removed from your reports within 360 days from your date of completed enrollment.
- You have at least four negatives on your consumer report at the time of sign-up
- You did not cancel or downgrade your credit monitoring program.
- You have not used a credit-consulting agency nor attempted to repair your own credit at least 2 years prior to signing up nor during our services.
- You have had no new collections or missed payments during the time frame we are assisting you.
- You have maintained nor downgraded credit monitoring services at all times during the time frame we are assisting you.
- You agree & have sent updated reports/responses from the three major consumer reporting agencies & creditors to us within 5 days of receipt. You should receive updated credit reports every 35-45 days and make us aware if updated reports have not been received.
Yes, credit repair is legal and our credit education and document processing services will help you to use the law in your favor. That law is called “The Fair Credit Reporting Act” or 15 USC 1681. The FCRA gives you the right to dispute any item on your credit report. If that item cannot be verified within a reasonable time (usually 30 days) it must be removed.
Studies have shown that 79% of all credit reports contain errors. This is nearly 8 out of 10 reports. Therefore, most credit reports improve immediately. For items that are disputed that are not errors, a creditor or furnisher is often unable to find the records or signed documents within the allotted time and the item gets removed. Sometimes the furnisher will say it has been verified by not offer proof. It is our job to prepare documents that challenge this and we are very skilled at that.
• Pay all of your bills on time, every time. This includes your utility bills, mortgage and auto payments, and all of your revolving lines of credit like credit cards. Check your credit report at least once a year. You can find out how to challenge bad information on your credit report here.
• Never charge more than 20% of the available balance on any of your credit cards. Banks like to see a nice record of on-time payments, and several credit cards that are not maxed-out. If you are carrying high balances on your credit cards, then make paying them down below 20% a priority. Do use your credit cards – Many people who make mistakes with their credit believe that the best way to fix things is to never use credit again. If you are afraid that you cannot handle your credit cards correctly then the best policy is probably this one: Run only your utility bills on your credit cards each month and then pay the balance in full by the due date. This ensures that your utility bills get paid on time automatically, and as long as you keep the habit of paying off your credit card balance each month your score will continue to go up. Leave the credit cards locked in a safe or drawer at home.
• Keep your accounts open as long as possible – Even if you are no longer charging on the card. The best policy is to keep those unused accounts open, blow the dust off your card every few months to make a small purchase, then pay it off. How long each of your accounts has been active is a major factor in your credit score.
• Remember that this all takes time – Following the above steps consistently over a long period of time will increase your credit score and allow you to qualify for better loans and lower interest rates. Repairing your credit score does not happen overnight, so if you do these things for a few months and do not see a large increase in your score, do not give up. They are all habits that you will want to maintain throughout your life, as they will help you to keep your finances and lines of credit under control.
Yes, we are licensed and bonded.
There is no guaranteed timeframe on the results you will see in the credit restoration process, but on average it can take at most 6 months to improve your credit if you adhere to all action items within a timely manner. This is due to various factors such as the Consumer Reporting Agencies not responding within the 30 day timetable they are supposed to as well as other responses they will send out to play stall tactics.
With our unique program, you are only charged a succession fee of about 10-12% once you get approved for the funding your business needs. We do a soft pull on your credit before funding to see what you can get pre-approved for.
Paying off collections, auto loans, student loans, mortgages,
judgments, and tax liens do not improve your credit. It’s best to
allow us to negotiate a deal on your behalf for collections! For auto
loans, student loans, and mortgages the only thing that matters is
timely payments (paying on time).
Just like how consumer credit is linked to your SSN, your business credit is linked to your EIN. This means when applying for business credit, it’s usually not required to include your SSN.
Once you properly establish your business entity and credibility, you start off building your business credit profile with smaller vendor accounts.
As your business pays those retailers you will then qualify for revolving store credit cards, and then cash credit you can use anywhere, just like a normal personal credit card.
You can qualify for real usable vendor credit immediately. You’ll then start to qualify for store credit within 60 days that don’t require a personal credit check or personal guarantee. Within 6 months you should have access to $50,000 +++ in real usable credit, including Visa and MasterCard cash accounts.
You can then continue to build $100,000-$250,000 or higher in business credit within a year to two. Also, inside your client success portal, you’ll also gain access to other cash funding programs within a couple of months or less.
You can do it yourself, or you can put your trust in a professional credit restoration company and shortcut some headaches. Although, because helping consumers and business owners with credit troubles is our #1 goal, we also offer a DIY credit builder program as well. Please keep in mind that you can build your own house or represent yourself in court just as you could take on the arduous task of repairing your own credit. The education on understanding how to repair your own credit could take you months or years depending on your time availability. It is a “Time vs Reward” Scenario. Simply put, repairing your own credit will take significant time away from the most important tasks in your life such as work and family. Don’t forget all the while you are paying high interest rates & the highest premiums on any financial product or service that bases its rates on your credit scores.
Our processing team has been repairing credit for consumers just like you for years, and our expertise in the credit restoration industry is unmatched. Our experience with dealing with collection companies makes a tremendous difference! Because we have worked with so many clients over the years, we have usually already worked to remove and delete inaccurate or illegally filed derogatory information with the very same collection companies that are unjustly negatively impacting your credit scores!
JMS Consulting Firm utilizes a series of processes to have the inaccurate items removed from your credit reports. By utilizing the FCRA, FDCPA, and TILA and laws, along with the BBB, Attorney General, CFPB, and FTC, these institutions that protect the consumers from unfair practices, we all fight to remove these inaccuracies on your behalf. We assist you in enforcing these laws by implementing our strategy. For instance, with just 10 accounts on your credit report falsely reporting to the 3 major consumer reporting agencies, we would carefully craft over 30 unique dispute letters! That’s just in the 1st round alone! Most of our clients get the most benefit after 3 to 4 dispute cycles. Please understand that the success of our commitment to you is the fact that we are consistent, skilled, and knowledgeable about exactly how to approach the difficult dispute process utilizing any combination of the techniques below:
1. Thorough research and investigation of credit and collection agencies’ information, inquires, public records, and source of information.
2. Carefully audit Consumer Reporting Agencies; Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion
3. Re-investigate the credit bureaus and ask for method of their investigation.
4. Validation of Debt Audits, demanding creditors/collection companies produce original documentation.
5. Revised Validation of Debt to the collection agencies as needed.
6. Offer of Performance Audits to the collection agencies.
7. Omission by Silence packets back to Bureaus supplying all audits to the collection agencies/ creditors and failure to comply.
8. Estoppel letters and FTC complaints to those who do not comply with audits.
9. We send the majority of our letters via Certified Mail when auditing the creditors and collection agencies to create a paper trail of documented proof.
We don’t just write letters or dispute online with the credit bureaus. We do validations of debt, audit the creditors directly, submit CFPB, FTC, BBB, and Attorney General complaints on your behalf. We professionally audit the creditors and collection agencies using over 400 customized letters. We don’t use form letters like most credit repair companies.
Are you ready to become bankable?
Schedule a non-obligated consultation today!